Arrived in Washington D.C.


We finally arrived. It was a ten hour trip for us. But we always have fun on our road trips. Everyone always tells me that we are crazy for all the driving we do. But I say they are the crazy ones for getting on a plane. lol....

I can't wait to explore Alexandria. It is a beautiful town outside of D.C. The metro is across the street from our hotel. We will be going into D.C tomorrow. And Saturday we are going to Mount Vernon  and exploring more of Alexandria. This is a field trip for my son and a family vacation all wrapped up into one. Time away is great. 

Alexandria was a tobacco trading post, one of the ten busiest ports in America, a part of the District of Columbia, home to both the largest slave-trading firm in the country and a large free-black community, a Civil War supply center for Union troops, and a street-car suburb for Federal workers. Alexandria was also the hometown of George Washington. There is so much history here it amazes me.

OK, I'm off to bed and I will post again tomorrow with some pictures. 

Thank you for reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBD Oil Results

Sports Fishing Gear Market Value To Extend By Over $ 2 Billion During 2021

Ordered my CBD oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!